So you've decided to marry away from home?
Here are some consideration that will make "Your Day" go smoothly.
Where Will We Marry?
This question can be answered in part by another … Where would we like to Honeymoon?
1. Length of Stay: If this is a foreign or domestic destination each will have legal minimum stay requirements. These may be anything from 0-14 days stay prior to the wedding. Weigh what kind of time you have.
2. Legal Expense may play a roll. Some destinations are more expensive than others.
3. Are you inviting family members or friends? Time, distance from home and expense will all play a role in your decision and whether your guests can attend also. Most destinations will provide witnesses if just the two of you are going.
1. Make a list together of places you would like to consider.
2. List your requirements but be practical. For example
A. Maximum pre-nights 3
B. Maximums stay including wedding 7-10
C. Expense's that you are willing to incur. Take a look at
general packages in the destination you are considering.
Know that the wedding will be added onto that amount.